Cupid may have hit you hard, but it doesn't mean your bank has to suffer February 14th. Keep your Valentine's Day cost effective and still romantic with these tips for the lady or man in your life. Below are 9 tips from Emmy Award-winning Coupons.com household savings expert, Jeanette Pavini.
- DAY OF - Flowers are always a winner: What lady doesn't like flowers delivered to their office so they can brag about what a thoughtful man they have? Save 20% and make your lady the envy of the office with a dozen roses. Send this tip to your best guy friend, brother or father and help them out! CLICK HERE
- Gifts for less: Go to http://www.coupons.com/ and click on "Flowers and Gifts" and hit Red Envelope and voola! get 20% off! The options are oh so diverse, from traditional diamond earrings, to a unique gift of "tickets to love" steel “tickets” to be cashed by partner -- “Breakfast in bed,” “Back rub,” “Strip tease,” or “Movie night of your choice". Yes, please! Still not sure, try something cozy -- a unisex terry robe featured in People Magazine. There is even a special section for under $50 for Valentine's Day. Take your pick!
- The way to a everyone's heart... chocolate covered strawberries! Save Save 15% Shari's Berries Send Gourmet Dipped Strawberries Shipped Fast and Fresh Click here to Order Now
- Go to a local art show! Try Irvine Fine Art Center's first part of a two part exhibition series “Portraiture and Still Life” and “Architecture and Landscape". Both shows feature traditional and non-traditional approaches to these genres in several media including painting, drawing, sculpture, installation, photography and video. Prefer something beachy? Check out Laguna Art Museum and experience the selection of California artists representing the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. BOTH FREE!
- Take a hike - together! This is a great way to enjoy nature and spend quality time together. The whole family can come too! Try these hiking trails: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hike-251035-canyon-meet.html
- Get your animal on! Enjoy watching exotic animals together on a unique date or invite the entire family to join. Try the Orange County Zoo! The Orange County Zoo is a small 8-acre zoo located within Irvine Regional Park with Admission Fee of $2.00 per person ages 3 years and over; Ages 2 years and under are free – How can you go wrong with those prices!?
- Karaoke. It is fun, it's cheap and you get to laugh at yourselves. Don't spend more than: $30 on drinks. Try the trendy Ziller Karoake and Bar, get a room, and sing your heart out - together.
- Have a movie night at home. Instead of spending tons of money at the movie theater, stay home and watch one of your favorite films together. Take turns picking the movie. You never know what you’ll learn about your honey by sharing movie time.
Have a sitter and want to get away but don't want to spend a fortune? Or maybe you want to bring the kids on a getaway? Try this Santa Monica Vacation rental from Flipkey.com. Just minutes away from the beach, what better way to spend the weekend? Feeling creative on your time away? Try Santa Monica Paint Lab and enjoy painting by the beach air – good for the whole family or just the two of you for a unique date!