This is a great summer dessert. Enjoy!! You can print the recipe at www.gastroperfection.com/recipes.html
Pudding & Cherry Syrup
Yield: 8 -10 servings
Cook Time: 30min.
Corn, shucked, cut into kernels 2 cups (5 ears)
Flour, all purpose 3 tbsp
Baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
Eggs, room temperature 5 ea
Condensed milk, canned 1 ea (14 oz)
Mexican crema or sour cream 1/3 cup
Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp.
Butter, unsalted, cut into cubes 1/2 cup. + extra for greasing
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter a 9-inch cake pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a blender combine eggs, condensed milk, crema or sour cream, and vanilla extract. Add butter to blender and mix.
- Add flour mixture and corn, blend the mixture until it is well incorporated. The mixture will be lumpy.
- Pour mix into cake pan and bake for 30
to 40 min. or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
Let cool for about 10 min. cut into portions and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Time: 15 min.
cherries,pitted, and cut in half 1 lb. (bing, rainer, or garnet)
sugar, granulated 1/3 cup
lemon juice, fresh 1 tsp
pomegranate paste 1 tsp
- Set a small sauce pot to medium heat.
Add sugar and let melt. Do not stir. Let sugar caramelize slightly (light
brown) and immediately add cherries and lemon juice.
- Stir with a rubber spatula. Add
pomegranate paste and turn heat to low. Let simmer for 6-7 min or until
cherries have softened and let out some of their juice.
- Let cool completely or serve warm on top
of corn pudding.
You can substitute pomegranate paste for 2 tbsp of pomegranate juice, but you must increase the cooking time by four minutes.